Ammunition for this course is provided!
Course tuition is 174.95, includes the cost of targets, class handouts, and 200 rounds of ammunition. (please add a note to your order, or contact the staff if you will be shooting something other than .380, 9x19mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP)
What to Bring:
- Certificate of basic pistol training (USCCA or NRA) or Concealed Carry Permit, or proof of equivalent training (contact instructor (563) 277-3227)
- A modern semi-automatic center-fire defensive handgun (revolver classes are coming soon)
- A holster that meets our holster guidelines* **
- At least two magazines
- A sturdy belt, preferably one designed for the purpose of being a gun belt*
- Safety-rated eye protection
- Safe range attire: Long pants, baseball style hat, crew-neck shirt, close-toed shoes
* Selecting a holster and supporting items that work can be tough, if you don’t currently own a holster, belt, or magazine pouches, contact the Davenport Guns training staff for advice. Better yet, if you contact us a week or more in advance, we can procure a set of loaner gear for your chosen firearm (as long as the make is fairly common). You will gain some knowledge during the course that might help you choose a better holster and belt for you (563) 277-3227. Also see our holster guidelines below.
** Holster guidelines:
- The holster must cover the trigger guard COMPLETELY
- The holster must retain the firearm well enough that turning the holster upside down does not dislodge the firearm
- The holster must retain it’s shape when the firearm is drawn
- The holster must attach to your belt or pants with a loop, clip, paddle, or clamp (classes for pocket and ankle holsters are coming soon)
- BLACKHAWK! Serpa holsters, or other holsters that use pressure from the trigger finger on a button on the outside of the holster to defeat the retention system of the holster are prohibited for use in this course with no exceptions
- Cross-draw holsters are prohibited
- Shoulder holsters are prohibited
- Sticky holsters or similar products are prohibited
- Appendix Inside the Waistband (AIWB) holsters are allowed as long as they are made of kydex, injection molded plastic, or similar materials. Leather or fabric holsters are not approved for AIWB carry in this course.