- All students must provide all the following items:
- A valid government issued photo identification card – proof of age (≤ 21 years) and State of Illinois residency; and
- A valid State of Illinois FOID Card – proof of eligibility to possess firearms.
- Every student must provide proof of prior training credit equivalent to 8 hours as outlined in section 75(g) of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course (4 Hrs)
- Utah Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Florida Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Nevada Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Missouri Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Kentucky Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Michigan Concealed Carry Training (4 Hrs)
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course (4 Hrs)
- NRA Basic Pistol Course (8 Hrs)
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home Course (8 Hrs)
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home Course (8 Hrs)
- Active, Retired, or Honorably Discharged Member of the United States Armed Forces (8 Hrs)
- Prior Law Enforcement /Corrections Officer Firearms Training as detailed in 430 ILCS 66/75(j) (8 Hrs)
Registration Fee: $99.95/student (Registration fee is transferable, but not refundable)
Course Goals: To teach the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning, using and carrying a concealed handgun safely and ethically in the State of Illinois. Topics of focus include intensive lessons on the legal requirements and restrictions associated with carrying a concealed firearm in the State of Illinois and a demonstration of applicant’s handgun shooting proficiency.
Required Material, Supplies and Equipment:
- (1) Handgun – Students are encouraged to supply their own self-defense handgun for the course. All privately-owned handguns must be modern, clean, lubricated and serviceable in all respects. Handguns are available for rent from the gun shop ($10.00/hour);
- (50) Cartridges of the correct ammunition for the handgun to be used in the course (caliber and pressure). Students are encouraged to supply they’re own ammunition for the course. Ammunition is available for purchase in the gun shop.
- (1 set) Eye and Ear Protection – Students are encouraged to supply they’re own shooting glasses and hearing protection. Shooting glasses and ear muffs are available for purchase in the gun shop.
- Wear appropriate shooting range clothing – a baseball cap, long sleeve crew neck T-shirt, long pants, and closed-toe footwear. Footwear should have high-traction lug soles.
Additional Information: Included in the cost of the tuition are the student handouts, shooting range rental fee, and targets.
No live-ammunition in the classroom! – No Exceptions –
We know you have a choice in firearms education and training providers in the Quad-Cities area and we thank you for choosing Davenport Guns and Shooting Club.